Monday, June 8, 2009

Mr. John Dallas Enoch

This man was responsible for so much and one of my mentors in business. Not only did he lay the foundation for the MBEIC he was responsbile for laying the foundation for the national organization. I remember when I first assendend to chair many years ago before he retired I was less worried about getting the approval of my peers and the board thn I was getting his approval. I did and it meant allot. I hold John is high regard and hope that in my lifetime I can leave just a part of the legacy he did.

BURLINGTON - Mr. John Dallas Enoch, 81, of 1800 Lower Hopedale Road, died Thursday, June 4, 2009, at Alamance Regional Medical Center. He was the son of Mr. Walter Enoch and Mrs. Mary Jane Moore Enoch, both deceased, and the husband of Mrs. Glennue Farrior Enoch, of the home. Mr. Enoch was a member of First Baptist Church, Apple Street, where he served as a Trustee. He was the founding owner and operator of General Maintenance Inc. Mr. Enoch received many awards for his work with helping to develop minority businesses. In addition to his loving wife, he is survived by two brothers, Eddie (LeFronia) Enoch of Burlington and Albert J. (Aileen) Enoch of Charlotte; four sisters, Pauline Hazel, Lillie Carr and Minnie Mebane, all of Burlington, and Arlene (Ted) Bridges of Huntsville, Ala. He was preceded in death by a brother, Walter Vance Enoch, and two sisters, Ruth Lewis and Vernice Chandler. A public viewing will be held Monday, June 8, 2009, from 1 to 9 p.m. at Sharpe Funeral Home. Funeral services will be held Tuesday, June 9, at 2 p.m. at First Baptist Church, Apple Street. Visitation will be one hour prior to the service at the church on Tuesday, and at other times the family will receive visitors at the home. Burial will be in the Enoch Family Cemetery. Sharpe Funeral Home is serving the family.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites