So many believe one’s personal and business life are so uniquely different – let’s just say I disagree – they are far more alike and connected than many want to admit.
It is said we take more time picking a car or tie than we do a life partner.
- What traits do you look for in a business partner?
- What traits do you look for in a life partner?
- What traits do you look for in a supplier?
- What traits do you look for in a friend?
- What traits are important to you?
Long time friends know I interview people who decide to get to close me and I will share some of what I ask and look for because they are the same things across the line. My suggestions are that you use what is shared you find useful and add you own criteria.
- Are you a person of integrity?
- How do you handle conflict?
- How do you handle stress?
- How do they talk about themselves and others?
- How well do you handle responsibility or do you make excuses (do you accept responsibility for the decisions you make)?
- How loyal are you?
- How well do you keep your word regardless?
- What do you value?
- Are you consistent?
- Who are your friends and mentors (age in relationship to you and profession)?
- How important is education to you?
- What is your work ethic?
- Do you have a realistic view of your strengths and shortcomings?
- Do you offer sincere apologizes?
- What lessons have you learned from your past mistakes?
- What are your goals?
There are more however this should give you some ideas. This is what I use professionally and personally! Why are these important?
Would you want to do business or associate yourself with people who:
- Are dishonest
- Lack a mind of their own (I do not want to be around people who agree with me all the time)
- Crack under pressure
- Blame others for everything
- Are disrespectful
- Put you down because it inconvenient
- Makes promises and commitments and never keeps them
- Are immature
- Have no desire to improve themselves
- Are lazy, have little to no work ethic or somehow feel entitled
- Live in denial
- Cannot say apologize or even admit when they are wrong
- Does not accept input even when it is for their own benefit
- Lacks humility or has an inferiority or superiority complex
- Never learns and repeats the same mistakes and behaviors over and over again
- Has no direction or ambition
What do you think?