Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Holidays


Once again its Christmas and I was thinking what gift I can give to everyone and it dawned on me the one thing I can give is a gift so often overlooked and that is a simple thank you!

Thank you for all you have done and for your encouragement and support. Thanks to all my friends old and new. Thanks to my family who has been there consistently.

I do want to take a minute to share this thought - What is true strength. Society teaches us that the demonstrative, vocal and forceful person is truly strong. The one that takes no mess from anyone and who crushes anything and anyone who gets if their way forcing their will on the world. I would like to respectfully challenge and respectfully disagree. The truly strong person is the reserved one. The person who acts not out of anger or revenge and who refuses to let another dictate their response to a situation. The are humble and they are self controlled and often reserved.

In truth which are you and which person do you aspire to be - the one to devalues and belittles others or works to crush them to compensate for their internal lack thus allowing others to dictate their response and by default control them or the person who composes and restrains themselves such that they decide how and what level of response (if any) is appropriate.

Which version of strength and power do you aspire toward?

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites