Sunday, December 6, 2009

What is an Entrepreneur?

There are many people who think we are about money, are control freaks, and/or people who take risk to receive some reward - I strongly disagree!!! While this may offend some I believe often what is the case when I hear these definitions (apologies to who this will offend) is we have employees trying to relate a mindset they do not even begin to grasp.

The closest thing I have found to explain a true entrepreneur is an artist. A person not motivated by money or even in some cases not even concerned with making a living (though life requires it) rather a person almost obsessed and driven with seeing their ideas made manifest as they envision them in their head much like an artist takes a picture in their head and does what they can to translate that onto some media to the best of their ability and hopefully if others see the value get compensated an entrepreneur is the same with their ideas often that others miss or fail to understand.

I could go on, but instead of my pontificating endlessly let me share the thoughts and ideas of others and then I would like to know your thoughts:
















Also - a good resource to use is Entrepreneur and least I forget the business I and my partners started Top Flight LLC because too many models are focused on exclusivity - we designed ours to help anyone who is serious (regardless of their level) about being the best at what they do and who is willing to pay the price.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good stuff Mr. Spearman. Thanks for leading me here.

Aaron

College Sports Ads said...

"I work for no man!" I love that declaration from the O Brother Where Art Thou clip.

You've assembled a hearty collection of entrepreneurial inspiration.

Add to Technorati Favorites