- When someone tells you who they are believe them.
- When someone shows you who they are believe them.
- When someone says what they will do to you (good or bad) believe them.
- When someone says they love someone else believe them.
- When someone says money, sex, other people, fun, are more important than you believe them.
So often we waste our time trying to convince ourselves that what happened did not or trying to change someone into something they are not. Respect your time and theirs enough to accept their opinion of you and act accordingly.
Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.- Maya Angelou