- Say what you mean
- Mean what you say
- Live a life of integrity
- let people see you for who you really are
- Never try to be what someone else wants or think you should be
- Treat everyone with respect as your equal
- Stay only where you are wanted
- Leave quietly when told to
- Be courteous to everyone
- Treat people not how you want to be treated but pay attention and treat them as they want to be treated (example - rewarding someone with opera tickets who likes fishing or a country western concert) aka knowing the difference between giving someone what they want and giving them what you want them to have
- Listen to people more than you talk
- Let your yes be your yes and your no be your no
Remember: Those that matter will accept you and those who do not it is their loss not yours - this is a lesson I learned early in life and was reminded twice today once was a conversation I had with my close friend about a joint negative experience he and I both had recently.
Why: Because regardless of what you do people will see you not for who and what you are but for who and what they are. As such it is best to just be yourself and remain authentic because it is far better to be rejected for who you are than accepted for who you are not.