Monday, February 22, 2010

Who are your friends?

Have been giving thought lately about friends. (Funny where you mind goes when you are sick and resting or in a ditch on the side of the road.)

The people I call friends are mostly battle tested standing by me when others walked away. Further often they piss me off, not because they are evil rather because they tell me what I need to hear and not what I want to hear!

How do I know? Because they will not benefit regardless, especially if I did what they asked – fact is often by telling me what they did they actually risked loosing a friend if I was the superficial, insecure, egotistical type (not to be confused with hypercritical or manipulative – totally different). Sometimes they commented on my observed behavior – painful to hear yet true.

  • Who are your friends?
  • How long have you known them?
  • How do you quantify then?
  • Do/would you trust them with your life?
  • If it is true that your friends are your mirrors – what do your mirrors collectively say about you?

















No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites