Thursday, December 18, 2008

Suggested Reading: It's a Beautiful World - support MS Research

This is a book by my friend Sophie Addison. Click here for a preview.

Hardcover $36.95

It's a Beautiful World is the product of my concern for my community and for humanity. It combines my interest in tourism and geography with my new found passion for the MS cause.

This project would not have been possible were it not for the generosity of the many photographers who agreed to contribute their work.

ALL proceeds from the sale of this book will go to www.mssociety.ca

Thank you for your support.

"I was diagnosed with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis at the age of 22.

In 2006, a severe multiple sclerosis attack left me clinically blind, unable to walk, sit or stand on my own, with sensorial distortion, muscle weakness, pronounced speech problems and a mild case of ataxia which made me unable to write, get dressed or feed myself without assistance."

"Although I have made an almost full recovery this experience changed my life forever.

I believe that within all its tragedy, Multiple Sclerosis doesn’t have to be a hardship alone. It can also be a tool; a reason to be a better person.  I am one of the lucky ones, for I know better than to take my life for granted."

- Participating Photographers -

Chris Rowell, Angelo Miele, Halldór Örn Óskarsson, Giampaolo Macorig, Nienke van Atteveldt, Paul Cuthbert, Dave Schreier, Marc Crumpler, Kika Brino, Yannick Garcin, Kimberley Coole, Hitesh Sawlani, Dietmar Temps, Tim Stelzer, Trey Ratcliff, Robert Wallace, Julie Falk, Feije Riemersma, Mohamed Salem Korayem, Tomás Suárez, Ephraim Muller, Nicole Filosa, Alexander van der Wolde, Annabel Vere, Eugenio Viceconte, Glen Chua, David Dennis, Sandy Redding, Stuart Cohen, Rade Sevic, Dave Cohen, Kieran Ball, Kaldoon, Jan Postma, Natasha, Ines Perkovic, Pier Luigi Dallimonti, Daithi Blair, Jason Swain, Pedro Simoes, Ivano Bettati, Jonathan P. Ellgen, Mariano Enrique Guzmán Marenco, Alexandre Buisse, Reto Fetz, Erick Loitière, Håkan Uragård, Alfonso Gonzalez, Peter Thomas, Courtney Platt, Lauren Chapman, Vincent Yeow, Harold Davis, Øivind Helge Eide, Emanuele Barboni, Ruban Phukan, Thomas Becker, Michael A. Zimmel, Eric Nicholas, Pavel Dobrovsky, Dadissad, Boaz Rottem, Ferguson Photography, Jonathan Mussellwhite, Ole Begemann, Igor Bespamyatnov, Chuck Wendig, Jonathan Clark, MaiKoh, Maya H. Li, Simone Merli, Massimo Nanni, Juan Fernando Escobar Ochoa, Steve Rosset, Prabhu B Doss, Bebiano Da Silva, Zeb Andrews.

(Thank you all for making this project possible!)

For contact info, see photo credits or contact me at sophie.addison@live.com.

Stay tuned for the larger edition!!

"I believe that within all its tragedy, Multiple Sclerosis doesn’t have to be a hardship alone. It can also be a tool; a reason to be a better person. I am one of the lucky ones, for I know better than to take my life for granted." Studied and worked in the tourism industry from 2002 to 2006. A volunteer at the Douglas Hospital - Mental Health University Institute as well as at the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada’ Super Cities Walk for MS. Also participating on periodical project at the MS Clinic, Notre Dame Hospital - CHUM.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/506626


No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites