If you use twitter on a daily basis like I do the loss of it can be somewhat of a shock. The steps to restore it are a little vague and buried and even some of the stuff I read from others is a little vauge. I created this post to add some clarity and hopefully give you the information you need to restore your account in a timely manner.
- Send an email to email@example.com and/or using email used to setup account make sure to include your @username and a ask for an explanation fo why your account was suspended.
- You will receive an automated email with your case number and a link
- Click the link and use your username and password for the suspended account
- Write a concise statement explain how you use twitter and ask for the reason for suspension (it is important to have a non combative attitude - your goal is not to pick a fight - rather it is to solve a problem and come to a mutually agreeable solution)
- Ask some of your friends and associates to help (hopefully some of the people you know are twitter are also people you know in real life and/or you are associated with on other social networks) - update them as to what happened, ask them to inform others or simply have them twit your old twitter @username staying something to the effect of #ivalidate @username
- A site and resource to help is http://strategixone.com/
I would like to take this time to thank the people who helped me get restored:
- Chris Voss (@chrisvoss) - STRATEGIX ONE CONSULTING - Social Media / Business Experts - provided great technical suggests that expidited processes - Chris Voss has been a CEO, built, managed and invested in over 22 Corporations in differing fields of industry for over 20 years.
- Vincent Wright (@vincentwright) - this is my good friend who started the #IVouchForMyLinkingPowerForum
- Lotay Yang (@lotay) - this is my friend and founder of Black Card Circle
- Jim Turner (@jim_turner) - he and I used to work for the same company in corporate as engineers and we both also did work with NASA - http://www.awaionline.com/jt/socialnetworking/
- Ruth Zoarets (@ruth_z) - friend on multiple platforms and co creator http://twitteranalyzer.com
- Harold Michael Harvey (@hmichaelharvey) movement to help me and who I am connected to in so many ways - twitter, faceboof, linkedin and his network - friend and schoolmate (class of 71 Tuskegee PoliSci) - http://theharveyjournal.blogspot.com
- Sean M Crawford Sr (@DJ_seaniemo) - did a few radio shows together -DJ Seaniemo Radio
- Susie Cheng (@Susiecheng) - friend on twitter and facebook - http://www.thedigitaltalentagency.com
- Cassia Gordon Imholz (@cimholz) - friend in upstate SC and member of same social media club
- Rohin Kallat (@rohinkallat) - Techie in India and friend on multiple platforms - http://yrv-whovr.blogspot.com/
- Doug Cone (@nullvariable) - fellow tech and social media in SC - http://www.nullvariable.com/
- Amy Wood (@TVAMY) - friend I spent many hours working with late night and helped with some tech issues - social media update and TV anchor - http://bbltwt.com
- Trey Pennington (@Treypennington) - Social media and marketing expert - http://treypennington.com