Sunday, October 25, 2009

How to grow your following

So many people ask me in various circles recommend or suggest them. Because of this I have a simple rule - when people ask me to refer or reference others I do it often no questions asked, but when they ask me to promote themselves I ask why?

Let me explain - I ask them: What do you talk (or tweet) about that others may be interested in? This is also a way to find out why this person is self promoting. What so few seem to get is that because they promoting and focusing only on themselves and what they want no one is interested in them. I think their is an axiom that says it best - people do not care how much you know until they know how much you care!

If you only care about yourself and what you want then what should anyone else care about you and yet if you show a genuine interest in others you would be shocked the response oyu get from them!

Why - simple really human nature - we all want to feel special and important because in our hearts we know we do not exist to fulfill your needs because we are all unique and special and the person who recognizes and respects that win our appreciation.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites