Sure we cover it up with fancy words and terms but the simple fact is this – people live in situations were they deny the truth and reality of a situation and are shocked when the laws that govern reality smack them in the face and they can no longer live in denial and must deal the negative consequences of having ignored the law instead of the positive rewards that would have come from following – that is cognitive dissonance which is the opposite of common sense – seeing what ought to be done and doing it.
There is a saying that pride comes before the fall. Some people have developed such a sense of entitlement that they started believing their own hype. They actually thought that the universe revolved around them and they were the reason the business and world existed but that is not true – in fact that is so far from the truth – in fact it is the opposite.
Lets look at the laws of nature and physics for the answer with a few questions
- Tree – 2/3rds of a true are not seen my the human eye – the root system
- Icebergs – 2/3s of the iceberg are below the water hidden
- Buildings – 1/3 of any building is cannot be inhabited by the owner but without the foundation, load bearing walls and structures, electrical and plumbing modern life would not be possible.
- Business – without consumers, customer or clients sourcing a product or service and paying for it a business would have no profits and would implode
- Does the government exist to make and support taxpayers or are the tax payers the ones who make government (from a financial standpoint) possible
- What does it mean for a building (a person or process) to have (structual) integrity?
- So what lessons can we learn from the past?
- Why do we keep repeating the same mistakes?
Which type of person are you
- The one that people tell them what to believe without checking out for self?
- The one that reads and does not understand?
- The one that reads and understands but does not apply (for whatever reason)?
- The one that reads and understands and applies
- When will be actually live up to our own preamble or the spirit of the constitution?
- Have you noticed God is mentioned no where in anything below – consider that for a moment also
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
- Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
- Section 1 - The Legislature
- Section 2 - The House
- Section 3 - The Senate
- Section 4 - Elections, Meetings
- Section 5 - Membership, Rules, Journals, Adjournment
- Section 6 - Compensation
- Section 7 - Revenue Bills, Legislative Process, Presidential Veto
- Section 8 - Powers of Congress
- Section 9 - Limits on Congress
- Section 10 - Powers Prohibited of States
- Article 2 - The Executive Branch
- Section 1 - The President
- Section 2 - Civilian Power over Military, Cabinet, Pardon Power, Appointments
- Section 3 - State of the Union, Convening Congress
- Section 4 - Disqualification
- Article 3 - The Judicial Branch
- Section 1 - Judicial Powers
- Section 2 - Trial by Jury, Original Jurisdiction, Jury Trials
- Section 3 - Treason
- Article 4 - The States
- Section 1 - Each State to Honor All Others
- Section 2 - State Citizens, Extradition
- Section 3 - New States
- Section 4 - Republican Government
- Article 5 - Amendment
- Article 6 - Debts, Supremacy, Oaths
- Article 7 - Ratification
- Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression
- Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms
- Amendment 3 - Quartering of Soldiers
- Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure
- Amendment 5 - Trial and Punishment, Compensation for Takings
- Amendment 6 - Right to Speedy Trial, Confrontation of Witnesses
- Amendment 7 - Trial by Jury in Civil Cases
- Amendment 8 - Cruel and Unusual Punishment
- Amendment 9 - Construction of Constitution
- Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People
- Amendment 11 - Judicial Limits
- Amendment 12 - Choosing the President, Vice President
- Amendment 13 - Slavery Abolished
- Amendment 14 - Citizenship Rights
- Amendment 15 - Race No Bar to Vote
- Amendment 16 - Status of Income Tax Clarified
- Amendment 17 - Senators Elected by Popular Vote
- Amendment 18 - Liquor Abolished
- Amendment 19 - Women's Suffrage
- Amendment 20 - Presidential, Congressional Terms
- Amendment 21 - Amendment 18 Repealed
- Amendment 22 - Presidential Term Limits
- Amendment 23 - Presidential Vote for District of Columbia
- Amendment 24 - Poll Taxes Barred
- Amendment 25 - Presidential Disability and Succession
- Amendment 26 - Voting Age Set to 18 Years
- Amendment 27 - Limiting Congressional Pay Increases
Here is a bigger question – how can this still occur in the “modern and enlightened” world we all claim to live in
To Thine Own Self Be True
Yet here, Laertes! Aboard, aboard for shame!
The wind sits in the shoulder of your sail,
And you are stay'd for.
There ... my blessing with thee!
And these few precepts in thy memory
Look thou character. Give thy thoughts no tongue,
Nor any unproportion'd thought his act.
Be thou familiar, but by no means vulgar.
Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel;
But do not dull thy palm with entertainment
Of each new-hatch'd, unfledg’d comrade. Beware
Of entrance to a quarrel but, being in,
Bear't that th' opposed may beware of thee.
Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgement.
Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy,
But not express'd in fancy; rich, not gaudy;
For the apparel oft proclaims the man;
And they in
of the best rank and station France
Are of a most select and generous chief in that.
Neither a borrower, nor a lender be;
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell; my blessing season this in thee!