What is BlackBerry Device Software?
Did you know your BlackBerry® smartphone includes sophisticated software right on the device? It provides you with intuitive icons and layout, full-featured applications and advanced functionality that help you stay on top of your day from just about anywhere.
Introducing BlackBerry Device Software v4.5
Do more with the BlackBerry smartphone you already own. BlackBerry® Device Software v4.5 offers new features and is a free update that can help you unlock a whole new appreciation for your BlackBerry smartphone.
Do more with the BlackBerry® smartphone you already own! BlackBerry® Device Software v4.5 is a free update and offers a whole new world of fun and functionality.
Discover innovative ways to work and play with BlackBerry Device Software v4.5.
*Note: certain features require BlackBerry® Enterprise Server software and/or may not be available on every BlackBerry smartphone – please refer to the compatibility information.
- Refreshed Look – Enjoy messages, address book entries and a calendar that make better use of colors and fonts. They’re also laid out to more closely match the programs you use on your computer.
- Improved Email Layout (Rich HTML Email) – View tables, images and fonts with formatting that looks better than ever.1
- Remote Search – Find emails that are stored on a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server.2,3
Attachments and Files
- Edit Microsoft® Word and Microsoft® PowerPoint® Files – Just download the attachments and start typing!
- Copy, paste, change font formatting and more.4
- Download and Save – Grab a file on the Internet, and save it to your smartphone to view or edit later.
Want to edit Microsoft® Excel® files on your BlackBerry smartphone? Visit the DataViz® website to register with DataViz and download an update for Documents To Go that includes Sheet To Go.
- Save Time as You Type – Word completion for SureType keyboards will monitor what you type and present a list of options to scroll through so you don’t have to type the whole word.
- Mobile Streaming – Access videos, music or even sports and news clips from websites with mobile streaming capabilities.5
- Local Search - Enter a search term like ‘pizza’ to view a list of places to grab a slice within a 30-km radius.6
- Send a Voice Note – Instead of typing an email, record a Voice Note and send it as an email attachment or Multimedia Message (MMS).
- Stay on Top of Your Tasks – Record your thoughts and play them back when they’re needed.
- Improved Music Management – See all your music files, or filter them by artist, album or genre. You can even create and edit playlists.
- Musical Multitasking – Open the BlackBerry menu and select “Now Playing” to access the name and artist for the song you’re listening to – even when using another application.
- Bluetooth Compatible (A2DP) – Use wireless Bluetooth® headphones or speakers to enjoy your music wherever you are.7
- Video Recording – Take it all in with video camera capabilities.3,8,9
- Full Screen Player – Watch videos in full-screen mode or stay in command with the media controls mode.
- Free/Busy Lookup – View your colleagues’ calendars on your smartphone2,3