I have not been feeling well the past few days – between my allergies, weather, and other issues have not been myself and have not been resting well. While recovering this topic has whirled around in my head.
As many of you know ethics and morals are my thing – just because something is legal does not make it moral or ethical and I believe because so many have lost sight of this. Without trust no business can be conducted. In fact trust is the basis on which all business is built at all levels and when it no longer is present business cannot and will not exist.
- What is the quickest way to build your sustainable business – establish trust and credibility
- What is the most effective way to decimate your business – erode trust
This post begins a series on exploring the various ways to destroy trust and credibility thus any hopes of your running or growing a profitable and successful business
- Childlike immature unprofessional behavior
- Betrayal and failing to keep your promises
- Lack of respect
- Dishonesty (lying) this includes misdirection
- Being defensive, critical and/or argumentative
- Being self-absorbed and/or self-centered
- Not accepting responsibility for your behaviors
- Control/power struggles
- Over estimating yourself (having to high an opinion of your value)
- Poor listening skills
- Not listening to the needs of your clients, suppliers, or employers
These topics may be organized slightly differently as each are explored – however it is important to understand regardless of your ability – if your business or services are views as a detriment to anyone you are doing business with – client, supplier, employee, employer due to their negative impact then those relationships will be terminated. Do not worry I will continue to scatter tech updates, reviews and related posts.
Before I begin I have a question – do you think this series will be helpful to you as a business owner?